Cultural and sporting pursuits are an important aspect of personal, whānau, hapū and iwi development. For this purpose, Rangitāne allocates a limited amount of funding toward sponsorship each year.
The purpose of Pūtea Tautoko is to encourage and recognise the pursuit of cultural and sporting excellence by Rangitāne.
Sponsorship may be allocated to participants or events promoting Rangitāne o Wairau in culture and sports in a regional/national or international forum.
Applicants can apply more than once per financial year (1 April – 31 March) however the maximum per year is $500.00. Our Pūtea Tautoko komiti meets to consider applications monthly (pending number of applications). On occasion, the event may take place before the meeting is held, and delays may occur. If for any reason the event does not take place or the applicant is unable to attend the grant must be refunded in full.
- Applicants must be registered members of Te Rūnanga a Rangitāne o Wairau;
- Complete the official “Pūtea Tautoko -Sponsorship Application Form” at least four weeks prior to the event;
- Be selected to participate as an individual/group or team in a regional/national or international event recognised by the sporting or cultural body of that event or;
- Be the organiser of a significant event primarily for the people of Rangitāne o Wairau;
- Te Rūnanga a Rangitāne o Wairau are unable to provide sponsorship for fundraisers, buildings and equipment, wages, local sporting events, school/university fees and uniforms.