The Rangitāne o Wairau Group
The Rangitāne o Wairau Group has 4 different entities each with a specific function.
These entities have evolved over a number of years, and form our post-settlement Group:
- Rangitāne o Wairau Settlement Trust-2010
- Te Rūnanga a Rangitāne o Wairau Trust (Charitable)-2006
- Rangitāne Investments Limited-2014
- Rangitāne Holdings Limited-2005
Rangitāne o Wairau Settlement Trust
The Settlement Trust was established in 2010 for the purpose of receiving the proceeds of Rangitāne o Wairau’s settlement from the Crown.
The Settlement Trust is the PSGE (post-settlement governance entity) for Rangitāne o Wairau.
The Trust Deed states that the Trustees of the Te Rūnanga a Rangitāne o Wairau Trust shall be the Trustees of the Settlement Trust.
- Rangitāne o Wairau Settlement Booklet
- Rangitāne o Wairau Deed of Settlement
- Rangitāne o Wairau Settlement Trust – Trust Deed
Te Rūnanga a Rangitāne o Wairau Trust
The Trust was established in 2006, pursuant to the Māori Fisheries Act (2004), as a Mandated Iwi Organisation, and Iwi Aquaculture Organisation.
The Trust has charitable status and is responsible for establishing cultural and social benefits for iwi members.
The Trust Deed has a provision for up to seven Trustees, who are elected in accordance with the Deed.
The current Trustees are:
- Calvin Hart (Co-Chairperson)
- Janis de Thierry (Co-Chairperson)
- Wirihana de Thierry-Lukitau
- Haysley MacDonald
- Peter Meihana
- Riki Palatchie
- Keelan Walker
- Rangitāne o Wairau Trust – Trust Deed
- Te Rūnanga a Rangitāne o Wairau Inc – Constitution
- Te Rūnanga a Rangitāne o Wairau Trust – Code of Conduct
The Rangitāne Group has two commercial entities that develop the commercial potential of the settlement assets of Rangitāne.
A Board of Directors oversee the governance of the commercial entities and is responsible for managing Crown lease properties and exploring commercial development opportunities to support the delivery of benefits to Rangitāne members.
The two commercial entities are:
- Rangitāne Holdings Limited (RHL)
- Rangitāne Investments Limited (RIL)
The constitutions of the companies have provisions for 4-7 directors.
- Leigh MacDonald (Company Chairperson)
- Dave Jessep
- Haysley MacDonald
- Judith MacDonald
- Tracy Atkin
- Leighton Evans